Friday, January 18, 2008

Ane Brun

Pe Ane Brun am descoperit-o cand i-am descoperit pe Koop..Hello my love, is gettin' cold on this island..
Aici o gasiti si o puteti asculta. Merita:)
http://www.myspace.com/anebrun

"This Norwegian girl with a guitar has a whiff of the coffeehouse about her, but it's a good coffeehouse. Her depressing songs are monumentally mordant (many are about breakups, one's about death), but she also flashes a sense of humor ("My friend, you left me in the end/ I can't believe I'm writing a song where friend rhymes with end") and really comes out of her shell on Song No. 6, a sweet, stomping duet with fellow melancholic Ron Sexsmith. Most compelling of all is her voice--a mix of Bjork's unpredictability and Joni Mitchell's directness that makes even the dourest material affecting." Time Magazine - 1 of 5 Best Albums of May.By JOSH TYRANGIEL. Sunday, Apr. 30, 2006

No comments: