Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hunger - Knut Hamsun



"If one only had something to eat, just a little, on such a clear day! The mood of the gay morning overwhelmed me, I became unusually serene, and started to hum for pure joy and for no particular reason. In front of a butcher's shop there was a woman with a basket on her arm, debating about some sausage for dinner; as I went past, she looked up at me. She had only a single tooth in the lower jaw. In the nervous and excitable state I was on, her face made an instant and revolting impression on me - the long yellow tooth looked like a finger sticking out of her jaw, and as she turned toward me, her eyes wee full of sausage. I lost my appetite instantly, and felt nauseated."




Nu am citit nici o carte care sa ma impresioneze atat de tare. O carte in care gasesti toata durerea provocata de saraci, de foame. Nu stiu cum este sa iti fie atat de foame, nu mi-a fost foame asa cum ii este lui niciodata..Am visat filmul acestei povesti nopti la rand, l-am vazut pe el scriind cu un varf de creion un ultim articol, l-am vazut mancand din ramurica de copac..L-am vazut cu hainele rupte..Nu stiu cum este sa fie greu, dar cred ca niciunul dintre noi nu stie..




2 comments:

Radu said...

e misto cartea, si mai sunt si altele la fel de bune de acelasi autor :)

Mikidos said...

stim, mai citim si noi. citeam de fapt..ne apucam iar de citit:)